Crack on Leopard Tortoise belly

Laurence

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Should i be concerned of this?
My leopard tortoise had this crack ever since I got it. Unfortunately, I only noticed when I arrived home.

Attachments

• received_360957419906985.jpeg
    received_360957419906985.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 3

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I AM NOT AN EXPERT .... but it seems pretty small and will most likely heal on it's own with no help from you. I am currently taking care of a tortoise with a major break in the shell that required mechanical supports. I would be more worried about what happened internally when that crack happened. It was probably nothing but could have caused internal damage. Pay attention to the urine, looking for dark color or blood. Wish you and the tort the best.

Laurence

Philippines
I AM NOT AN EXPERT .... but it seems pretty small and will most likely heal on it's own with no help from you. I am currently taking care of a tortoise with a major break in the shell that required mechanical supports. I would be more worried about what happened internally when that crack happened. It was probably nothing but could have caused internal damage. Pay attention to the urine, looking for dark color or blood. Wish you and the tort the best.
Thanks, thought of the same thing.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Should i be concerned of this?
My leopard tortoise had this crack ever since I got it. Unfortunately, I only noticed when I arrived home.
That crack is a very old injury and is nothing to worry about.