Is my tortoise's shell cracked?

kashyaptort

Location (City and/or State)
Dubai
I have had my tortoise for around 2 and half years, and one thing that has been bugging me ever since I got him, is this odd crack on his shell. We never got it checked at a vet, and he seems to be completely alright. I'd like to know if this is a crack or something else. Letting you know that this crack has been their the day we got him, and we have never had any incident that may have caused this.

I hope the picture is clear enough. There has been no bleeding, and he has never got any symptoms of infection or disease.

Attachments

• 16591837591868231775716117054044.jpg
    16591837591868231775716117054044.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like at one time or another there was an injury to that side of the shell - dog chew, stepped on, whatever. At any rate, it's old and healed and not causing any problem. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

kashyaptort

Dubai
Looks like at one time or another there was an injury to that side of the shell - dog chew, stepped on, whatever. At any rate, it's old and healed and not causing any problem. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Oh, that's great! I was just concerned if it would cause any future problems to him. The breeder had a bunch of cats around, so I'm guessing the cats may have done something. Thanks for letting me know!

Moabthetortoise

Fort Collins Colorado
My tortoise got chewed on by my dog over a year ago it scared us to death we had to put her in a box with moist paper towels and lots of food she still has the scars but is fine I hope yours is okay:)

kashyaptort

Dubai
My tortoise got chewed on by my dog over a year ago it scared us to death we had to put her in a box with moist paper towels and lots of food she still has the scars but is fine I hope yours is okay:)
He's doing great! It is sad that sometimes dogs can be a little mean to other pets :/ But it's nice to know that your tort is doing fine :)