Crush

Connie L

Location (City and/or State)
Glendale, Arizona
Morning soak time. He is enjoying it alot now. New growth is coming in better. Measured this morning and he has grown 3/4 inch since July 4th. Hibiscus I planted last week flowered. Has yellow flowers and he gobbled one right up. Seed mix has been coming up great too. He is enjoying it alot.

Attachments

• 20160815_084034.jpg
    20160815_084034.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17

Connie L

Glendale, Arizona
Since it's gotten cold at night Crush is now inside at night and outside during the day. We totally blocked off the plant he was burrowing under. Actually we had to dig him out of the borrow because he wouldn't come out even with the water trick. Need a small place to hide in the shade when he needs to during the daytime. I figured he would be totally unhappy but he's gone and it 5 times in the last hour today. Is eating good too.

Attachments

• 20160924_111002.jpg
    20160924_111002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

Connie L

Glendale, Arizona
Only thing he is not happy about is I put a board underneath that blue box and put some dirt and some Ripte bark on top of it. I can hear him out there trying to dig a hole underneath thru it.

Connie L

Glendale, Arizona
He will get used to it , if he is in and out checking it over its a good sign !
Yeah I figured it's going to take some time. Lots of changes. He's found a nice shady spot to sit next to the bridge now Sleeping inside isn't making him happy either. Too cool at nite outside now though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yep. Already have that link saved ;) Until we get it done he indoors at nite and weather permitting outside from around noon til 4pm. Warm enuf now but thats gonna change come just a few days.

I don't know how you feel about it, but I HATE winter. Blehhhhh!!!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
You think that's bad , this is downright depressing !
Saint David, AZ
6:32 PM MST on November 23, 2016 (GMT -0700)
Elev 3618 ft 31.91 °N, 110.24 °W | Updated 11 min ago
nt_clear.svg

Clear
57.1 °F
Feels Like 57.1 °F
N
Wind Variable Wind from NE
Gusts 1.0 mph
Tomorrow is forecast to be Warmer than today.
Today
High 68 | Low 39 °F

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Charlie didn't come out of his night box at all today. It got up to the mid 60s. Tonight is supposed to be very cold, around 35 degrees! Last year he sat for 6 weeks straight in his night box.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Charlie didn't come out of his night box at all today. It got up to the mid 60s. Tonight is supposed to be very cold, around 35 degrees! Last year he sat for 6 weeks straight in his night box.
We were mid 60,s and sunny today . Speedy came out and munched some hay and laid on his ramp in the sun for a while . I looked out a little later and he was back inside !