Current indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankTheTortoise

5 Year Member
My tort is usually in his much bigger outdoors enclosure but sometimes I feel like 110 degree weather is too hot for a baby so I bring him inside. I think he's spoiled now because whenever it gets hot outside he avoids his hide away (which I keep coconut coir in, misting it everyday) and shoves himself in the corner until I bring him in. When he's inside he's always running up and down that rock and digging up everything.

I'm thinking about adding plants indoors and outdoors soon, as long has he doesn't knock the pot over....

Attachments

• image-2445921311.png
    image-2445921311.png
    182 KB · Views: 128

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
What a cute little tort.....lovely.

I am compelled to mention a couple of things after looking at your set up....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not take anything I am going to say as a personal poke at you, okay...PLEASE.

While the indoor enclosure could certainly be a tad larger, my immediate concern is that the substrate needs to be much deeper (like 4-6 inches deep all over) and absolutely a plant canopy needs to be added....you can use either silk plants or real ones...and if you bury the plant or container down into the deeper substrate you should be fine with it staying in place....:D

TankTheTortoise

5 Year Member
ascott said:
What a cute little tort.....lovely.

I am compelled to mention a couple of things after looking at your set up....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not take anything I am going to say as a personal poke at you, okay...PLEASE.

While the indoor enclosure could certainly be a tad larger, my immediate concern is that the substrate needs to be much deeper (like 4-6 inches deep all over) and absolutely a plant canopy needs to be added....you can use either silk plants or real ones...and if you bury the plant or container down into the deeper substrate you should be fine with it staying in place....:D

Haha yeah I actually added more substrate this morning to it since I heard it holds humidity better. Ummm yeah I'm looking into getting plants definitely, any suggestions? For live plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.