Daisy finally stayed warm all night!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
After working on my setup yesterday I finally got it I think. I got a 60watt basking bulb 150watt che. I had gotten the temps right but was still loosing all my humidity through the opening where the lights were. I had misted like 10 times yesterday trying to keep it humid . I added a tropical under the tank heater for a 20 gallon tank and a custom prototype tank cover, and my humidity jumped to 75% in like 5 min. The hot side is 90 basking area 105 cool side 77. The substrate is kept at about 72 it's like having radiant heat. The cool area has. No mat under the cool area so the substrate is a little cooler. I turned the basking bulb off and the temps on the hot side was 85 and the cool side was 74. She is still getting carrot soaks for an hour at least once a day. I have offered a buffet if things, but all she will eat is romaine, so at least she gets some carrots in with the bath. Any advice about what I could be doing better let me know please.

View attachment 16208

Here is a picture of the new tank cover. There is a cage around the light so it dosent get to close to the plastic. The light adjust down and up with a foot between the top of the light to the plastic. My husband being a metal worker is going to build me a permanent top with the same design. But for now this one is saving my babies life.

Attachments

• image-3207378026.png
    image-3207378026.png
    869.8 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.