New Tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisstencil

5 Year Member
I've been following the forum for a while now and finally got my Salcata "Lizzy". I think I have the chambers #s just right. Hot side: 100 deg
%80 hum
Cool side: 80 deg
%90 hum
Substrate: coco coir %75
Cedar mulch%25
Humidhide: plastic shoebox that I spray Glued coco coir too.
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1367940945.428112.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1367940979.029683.jpg
In going to add some plants this week. Ill make a larger chamber when she gets a bit bigger hoping this last a year tho. Are there any suggestions on making this better have I done anything wrong?

I forgot to mention I use a 100w CHE and a basking light. Next week ill replace the basking light with a MVB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Chris, and welcome to the Forum!

I like the hiding place, and the condensation on the glass lets us know that you have a lot of humidity in there. Dig out some of the substrate from under the waterer so that it sits level with the substrate and he doesn't have to climb to get in. It gets a little more substrate walked into it that way, but it is much easier for the baby to get in and out, or to just reach in with his head.

It will be a pretty nice place for him to be living once you get some plants in there.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Glad you did your home work. You should have a happy guy there.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
i agree with the above. put some spider plants or plant some grass right in the substrate.

Sent from my MB886 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.