Daisy's Anniversary

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Daisy 1942 - 17th November 2022. A year since that dreadful day. 72 years in the family and a lifetime of memories for Jacky and I. Luckily I am busy at 3.30 pm.

My gorgeous girl you had so many friends on this forum. I hope you are not shoving Jacky's original partner!

Love

Natrah and Jacky

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹IMG20230217123852.jpgIMG20220813094816_BURST000_COVER.jpg

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Knowing Daisy she’ll be shoving her way around tortoise heaven trying to get to all the strawberries.
First anniversaries are always the worst & I hope you are not too sad. She had such a long life & was lucky to have such kind & loving owners within your family. You continued (& still continue with Jacky) the legacy of love & care so you should be proud of yourself.
Daisy you were one very lucky tortoise. Keep an eye on Natrah & Jacky today❤️

MaNaAk

Southend
Knowing Daisy she’ll be shoving her way around tortoise heaven trying to get to all the strawberries.
First anniversaries are always the worst & I hope you are not too sad. She had such a long life & was lucky to have such kind & loving owners within your family. You continued (& still continue with Jacky) the legacy of love & care so you should be proud of yourself.
Daisy you were one very lucky tortoise. Keep an eye on Natrah & Jacky today❤️
Thankyou Sue,

Hope you're okay. I'm going to say goodnight now because I feel fragile although I am okay.

Goodnight

Natrah and Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

I hope you are being a good girl and not shoving Jacky's original partner. I shall add to this thread from time to time. I still rub your ornament and I am looking for another one for you to replace the one that was lost in storage. Jacky sleeping peacefully and I am keeping her cool.

Love

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Daisy,

During lockdown one evening I was in the kitchen about to prepare dinner when I noticed the pink sack moving by itself. I thought it was in your way so I moved it before going to see where Jacky was. I found her near the tortoise house and I thought good I know where you both are. I carried on with dinner then I went outside to put you two to bed. I found Jacky in bed but I couldn't find you anywhere not even the telephone directory. I panicked and then I thought now where did I last see Daisy? At this point I thought of the pink sack which I had moved to the other side of the garden path and found what appeared to be a tortoise nest🤣! I picked you up and put you to bed before clearing up the massive mess🤣!

Goodnight Daisy

Love

Natrah and Sleeping Beauty

PS: Zola, Sapphire, Seymour, Dickie, Sherman, PeeWee and Ernie you might want to read this!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - it's been very windy today, and my mum says that often puts me in a strange mood - I didn't even want a very long stroke by the fire ! Tomorrow I shall be going out very early to look at the sea, as an engineer is coming to look at our internet arrangement - he may be any time from ! to 6 pm.
Lots of love to you, Sleeping Beauty and Angel Daisy, and to all my friends
Zola (and Angie) xxxxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Yes that wasn't the first time you made a tortoise nest in the pink sack as I have a vague memory of another example in the greenhouse. Another time dad found one of you had made a mess on one of the black sacks and he was frustrated. Mum just said "at least she was in the right place".

Love

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy!

I hope you are sharing strawberries and dandelions because I remember having having to feed you and Jacky separately when it came to strawberries. One time you were so quick that I had to grab dandelions for Jacky because she was going to end up with nothing. However you cottoned on and tried to grab those as well. Other times you had trouble eating because a paw was placed strategically across the food bowl or the whole tortoise would be in the food bowl🤣.

Love

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Your little friend Dickie will be moving soon and this reminded of how you enjoyed my gardening in the old house. I used to search for you two before doing any gardening but it was particularly important that I found you both before mowing the lawn. You two and the garden birds used to love the freshly mown lawn and I used to save some cut grass to put in front of the tortoise house. One afternoon though I was a bit late to mow the lawn and Jacky had put herself to bed but you had put yourself to bed in some long grass near the tortoise house. I couldn't have you there so I put you in with Jacky.

However whilst I prepared the lawnmower you came out and put yourself back again! I stopped what I was doing and you back with Jacky before going back to what I was doing only for you to come out. However this happened several times and in the end I decided to put you in the greenhouse whilst I finished mowing the lawn.

When I finished mowing the lawn I put you back in the tortoise house only for you to come out again at bedtime. Again this happened several times and I decided to leave you to it for another half hour or so and then I attempted to put you to bed again and you stayed put🐢🤣!

Love

Natrah and Jacky

PS: @MoggyMad you might want to read this!

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Yes you were on top of the Ice Plant! Was it your way of preventing Jacky eating it?

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy!

Do you remember dad putting up a wire fence around the flower beds? This was to protect the flowers and to make it easier to find you two. One evening I couldn't find either of you and dad said I took the wire fence down because mum told me to! This was put up when you came to live with us in 1992. There was another put up when we all lived with nana in the 60s. Nana took this down when we moved to Malaysia and she would have had to hunt for you two on her own!

Love

Natrah and Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning my dear Daisy,

I still shed tears over you just over a year after your death. I am a member of the Blue Cross Pet Loss Community and the Ralph Site but in truth the only people who understand what it's like to lose a beloved are our friends on this wonderful forum. I miss you so much.

Anyway Dickie still hasn't moved and Jacky is now hibernating in the fridge. I just want Zola, Dickie, Sherman, Sapphire and Ernie and all your other friends to know a bit more about your activities. After dad put up the wire fence around the garden you bashed holes in it in order to get to your favourite spots in the flower bed. I would remove you and you would be back the next day. I would block the holes and you would make another somewhere else. Sometimes Jacky would follow you to the flower bed or she would be climbing on the garden rubbish at the back of the garden (we called this the compost heap). This is some of what Sue and Pete have in store when Dickie moves in🤣🐢.

Natrah and Jacky

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Yes thanks for the warning! It’s a good thing Dickie is hibernating & not getting any ideas from reading about Daisys antics 😆
Dickie did like to try & climb on the rockery. We haven’t got one but we have other hazards or challenges as Dickie would see it.

MaNaAk

Southend
Yes thanks for the warning! It’s a good thing Dickie is hibernating & not getting any ideas from reading about Daisys antics 😆
Dickie did like to try & climb on the rockery. We haven’t got one but we have other hazards or challenges as Dickie would see it.
Oh yes they loved the rockery! Jacky once fell in the pond and Daisy tried to attract our attention at the back door. There was netting over the pond but it has to be secure

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
I remember going into the garden one morning and finding someone whose name is 'J' had climbed on the 'compost' heap and grounded themselves so that their paws were flailing everywhere. I called mum saying "mum would you like to see the flying tortoise? Come and see the flying tortoise!" Mum couldn't help laughing at Jacky 🤣

Natrah