Daisy's Anniversary

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
Good afternoon everyone,

I finally got outside to bask in my cold frame. It is the first sunny day in over a week. Here is a picture of the soup I made today. Dirt and a little apple leaves, just the way I like it!

Edward :tort:

Attachments

• 20240616_174920.jpg
    20240616_174920.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Hi Zola and everyone else,

Yes, I really enjoy soup making. Substrate is the core ingredient. Then you just have to drag some food from the food dish to your water dish! I of course don't eat the food after it is all soaked, but I do like the flavored water 😁 But my servant doesn't appreciate having to clean the soup out. Talk about appreciating my hobby!

Abot my servant, she had the perfect timing today (Read as sarcasm). I had just dug the perfect burrow to spend the night, when she came to fetch me inside! She insists that I can't be let to sleep outside since the night temps will drop to 14C. Have any of you slept outside this year?

Good night, Edward :tort:

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello all, this is Besha. I'm a rare guest here - I'm living outside day and night now and there is no Internet in my "coco coir filled warm and humid dog night house". I feel much like I'm a wild tortoise now - staying out of sight and doing my own business without those humans interrupting me all the time (yet, I appreciate fresh water in pool and a plate of prickly pear - just leave it and go away).

That's me caught by accident in the morning sun. Best regards to everyone, I have to go now and prune some pothos before going to bed

Attachments

• PXL_20240610_070840952.jpg
    PXL_20240610_070840952.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi Zola and everyone else,

Yes, I really enjoy soup making. Substrate is the core ingredient. Then you just have to drag some food from the food dish to your water dish! I of course don't eat the food after it is all soaked, but I do like the flavored water 😁 But my servant doesn't appreciate having to clean the soup out. Talk about appreciating my hobby!

Abot my servant, she had the perfect timing today (Read as sarcasm). I had just dug the perfect burrow to spend the night, when she came to fetch me inside! She insists that I can't be let to sleep outside since the night temps will drop to 14C. Have any of you slept outside this year?

Good night, Edward :tort:
Dear Edward - I never sleep outside - since I was little, my parents have wrapped me in my special towel and put me in my sleeping box, which is indoors, opposite the bedroom door, and I stay there all night, until my dad wakes me up in the morning and carries me to my conservatory. I have some friends in my sleeping box - a panda, a bear, a little elephant, and a Mr Hankey toy from South Park. I also have a lambswool fleece, and a special towel to lie on, and a crochet blanket over me, which was made by a little girl specially for me . So I am always warm and I am near my mum and dad, in case there was an emergency.
Goodnight from Zola xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone,

I finally got outside to bask in my cold frame. It is the first sunny day in over a week. Here is a picture of the soup I made today. Dirt and a little apple leaves, just the way I like it!

Edward :tort:
🤣 and I've just had dinner Natrah.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Edward - I never sleep outside - since I was little, my parents have wrapped me in my special towel and put me in my sleeping box, which is indoors, opposite the bedroom door, and I stay there all night, until my dad wakes me up in the morning and carries me to my conservatory. I have some friends in my sleeping box - a panda, a bear, a little elephant, and a Mr Hankey toy from South Park. I also have a lambswool fleece, and a special towel to lie on, and a crochet blanket over me, which was made by a little girl specially for me . So I am always warm and I am near my mum and dad, in case there was an emergency.
Goodnight from Zola xxxxx
Dear Edward,

I don't have a choice because I get grabbed and dumped in the enclosure but I do get to say goodnight to Daisy, mum, dad, nana, Rosie the rabbit and all my friends on TT and of course Natrah.

Goodnight everyone

Jacky

zolasmum

5 Year Member
DearJacky - my mum come to my box each night before she goes to bed and she rubs the top of my shell gently - she says goodnight with me to you and Natrah and Angel Daisy, and also to some of my other friends here on the forum, and to several human friends that we care about. Then I go back to sleep and stay asleep until my dad wakes me in the morning.
Love from Zola xxxxxx

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Dear everyone,

I like to switch sleeping places in my indoor enclosure. Sometimes I sleep in a flowerpot turned to it's side and sometimes in my little house. In both of these places I like to dig a fresh burrow every night. Sometimes I will sleep in my humid hide for a week or so in a row. There I usually make one burrow which I will use for several days. My burrows are usually just simple slopes, so my head is deeper than my but. I usually make a burrow against the back wall of all my hides, and my servant says it is annoying to listen to me scratching against the walls. She says I could dig anywhere else, but I recon that she doesn't know anything about burrows.

I have a big kangaroo plushie I like to snuggle with and climb over in my fenced of area indoors. I also have a hide made out of cardboard, a branch and a little piece of wood slate there. When I am let out there (after my servant has vacuumed the area of course) I always make sure to climb over everything multiple times, while my servant cleans my indoor enclosure :) Sometimes I will leave a present, sometimes not...

Good night everyone, Edward :tort:

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello all, this is Besha. I'm a rare guest here - I'm living outside day and night now and there is no Internet in my "coco coir filled warm and humid dog night house". I feel much like I'm a wild tortoise now - staying out of sight and doing my own business without those humans interrupting me all the time (yet, I appreciate fresh water in pool and a plate of prickly pear - just leave it and go away).

That's me caught by accident in the morning sun. Best regards to everyone, I have to go now and prune some pothos before going to bed
I missed this! Hello Besha! Lovely to meet you!

Natrah ❤️🐢

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear everyone,

I like to switch sleeping places in my indoor enclosure. Sometimes I sleep in a flowerpot turned to it's side and sometimes in my little house. In both of these places I like to dig a fresh burrow every night. Sometimes I will sleep in my humid hide for a week or so in a row. There I usually make one burrow which I will use for several days. My burrows are usually just simple slopes, so my head is deeper than my but. I usually make a burrow against the back wall of all my hides, and my servant says it is annoying to listen to me scratching against the walls. She says I could dig anywhere else, but I recon that she doesn't know anything about burrows.

I have a big kangaroo plushie I like to snuggle with and climb over in my fenced of area indoors. I also have a hide made out of cardboard, a branch and a little piece of wood slate there. When I am let out there (after my servant has vacuumed the area of course) I always make sure to climb over everything multiple times, while my servant cleans my indoor enclosure :) Sometimes I will leave a present, sometimes not...

Good night everyone, Edward :tort:
Dear Edward,

I'm going to have to clean Jacky's enclosure tomorrow.

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
I live outside mostly. I sometimes put myself to bed in my kennel & other times I try to sleep in different places in the garden. My dad always manages to find me & put me to bed but I am getting really good at hiding. Sometimes a fox visits the garden when it’s dark & quiet so i must be kept safe just in case.
Goodnight from Dickie

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Today I will be putting Jacky outside but she will be sleeping in the pet carrier tonight for the first time this summer. It has warmed up quite a bit but I wish I was putting you out as well.

Love you and miss you

Natrah and Jacky

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

MaNaAk

Southend
Yippee Daisy!

Look what I've found:

Goodnight

Jacky View attachment 372363
Dear Daisy,

Your friends still remember you.❤️🐢. I hope you enjoyed looking at this photo of Jacky. It was taken yesterday and sent in the evening. I posted it on the other thread as well.

I still miss you so much 💔❤️‍🩹❤️🐢

Love

Natrah and Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

I hope you and my original partner are enjoying loads of strawberries, tomatoes and dandelions. You are probably shoving the other little tortoise and I shouldn't think she knows what's hit her. Anyway I would like to see more pictures of Besha and Alex from @Alex and the Redfoot.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🐢🐢

Jacky (Jacky and Daisy forever)

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Good morning Daisy,

I hope you and my original partner are enjoying loads of strawberries, tomatoes and dandelions. You are probably shoving the other little tortoise and I shouldn't think she knows what's hit her. Anyway I would like to see more pictures of Besha and Alex from @Alex and the Redfoot.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🐢🐢

Jacky (Jacky and Daisy forever)
With a great pleasure! Here is some photos of Besha, self-crowned queen of jungle in her summer residence :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240610_070517798.jpg
    PXL_20240610_070517798.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240610_065553802.jpg
    PXL_20240610_065553802.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240610_062232354.jpg
    PXL_20240610_062232354.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Gorgeous Besha. Below is a picture of Jacky 'cleaning' the bathroom (I have to bring her in before going out because I'm in a flat)

Natrah View attachment 372590
I'll pass your words to Besha, I'm sure she will be pleased to hear.

Jacky definitely has her own view on how should the bathroom should be arranged. I always smile looking at these photos :)