Dale says "Thank You"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
We got Dale one year ago today (it was actually Christmas Eve last year). We wanted to thank everyone of you on Tortoise Forum who have helped us in the last year with Dale. We honestly don't think we could have done it without all of you. What we've learned here is priceless. I am truly greatful for all of you. It's all been a great experience so thank you again from the bottom of our hearts for all of your help. Here's some recent pictures of Dale.

Here's Dale being shy

DSC00017.jpg

Here he is coming out of his shell

DSC00016.jpg

And here he is getting ready to eat

DSC00228.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
He is SO GORGEOUS!!! Because of him I want a cherryhead some day :D
Happy one year!! :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Dale really does have some of the prettiest pure red markings on his face, and in such endearing patterns!:D

Is it my imagination, or is that food being "presented" to him by his loving food goddess? It looks like a five star tortoise menu!;)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
WOW! One year already! Seems like just yesterday you were a hopeful newbie! ;) Happy Anniversary Candy and Dale!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you. Yesterday I told everybody that Dale did something he's never done before. When I went to pick him up and tell him Merry Christmas he rubbed noses with me (he usually does this), but then he brought his little foot up and touched my nose with it kind of like he was telling me Merry Christmas back. I know, I know probably just my imagination. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Candy said:
Thank you. Yesterday I told everybody that Dale did something he's never done before. When I went to pick him up and tell him Merry Christmas he rubbed noses with me (he usually does this), but then he brought his little foot up and touched my nose with it kind of like he was telling me Merry Christmas back. I know, I know probably just my imagination. :D

I think maybe the magic of Christmas. ;) What a sweet moment, no matter the hows or whys.

Dale is very handsome and I love his enclosure with it's greeness.:D

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Candy, you've done a great job with Dale! It shows physically. He looks happy and hes starting to marble!
Congrats on your successful raising!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Where is his orange mack hat and can of alamo beer?
Don't forget the smokes

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy, I know I've told you this many times before, but I have to say it again. Dale is the most beautiful Cherry I've seen. He is so smooth and colorful. When you get your female, make sure you take many, many wedding pictures. Congrats!!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks Abe, he is starting to marble and they tell me that is good. I do the best job that I know how to take care of Dale so I think it's working.

Thanks Terry. That is very, very nice of you to say. I'm trying to give him everything to make sure he is happy and healthy and with everybody's help it seems to be working. I guess what I'm finding out about the females lately though is it's going to be harder then I thought to get a female. Darn I didn't know that and I almost had one for him, but for reasons that I am unaware of it didn't work out. And now I'm really starting to feel bad about it. :( Are we sure that Pio is a boy or is it possible that he a girl because I could definitely send Dale out there for a romatic vacation some day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.