"dalmatian spa"

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
Just a little pic of my "dalmatian spa". They are so interested to "water bathe" in this saucer. They drink and of course..., so I have to change the water several times, but isn't it easy to hydrate in this way. They go every morning in the water which is fairly warm and also during the day.
Mine were raised on the carpet before I got them and I have the feeling they need special spa time. I put them also myself in the water to keep them hydrated.
Annette

Attachments

• 20131210_083310.jpg
    20131210_083310.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 211

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Annette:

Those are very pretty little Hermann's tortoises. Did you get them from a Forum member?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Great picture! I'm happy to see other dalmations. :) here are my trio ImageUploadedByTortForum1386782744.303973.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
Yvonne G said:
Hi Annette:

Those are very pretty little Hermann's tortoises. Did you get them from a Forum member?

Yvonne they are from Gary and Bill (San Diego)

diamondbp said:
Great picture! I'm happy to see other dalmations. :) here are my trio

love yours very pretty. The colors are so variable. Unfortunately they are not da;matians anymore or lets say a different hermann species. Chris sayed they are not a seperate kind anymore.They are so special to me.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Yeh I've spoken with Christ about that topic of Dalmations no longer being recognized. I'm going to only breed mine with other "dalmations" though to keep things pure in case the reshuffle the taxonomy again and they become recognized once more.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
diamondbp said:
Yeh I've spoken with Christ about that topic of Dalmations no longer being recognized. I'm going to only breed mine with other "dalmations" though to keep things pure in case the reshuffle the taxonomy again and they become recognized once more.
I was very disappointed, because they are not very often offered, and I will also breed only dalmatians, that's why i have 2 different lines.
Annette

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
TortieLuver said:
They are just beautiful and I'm sure they love spa time:)

absolutely. I'm always amazed how easy they go in the water. I started out with adult russians and I saw them never in the large bowl outside. Well CA. is very dry so i hope my care avoids any health issues. The dalmatians are really drinking. How they are in need of water as adults we will see. They are fun!!!

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
MaddieGA said:
Such beautiful tortoises! [TURTLE]
MaddieGA, thanks a lot. The dalmatians are now 4 inch in size. Very healthy and since i put them over 4 weeks every day in the "spa" they have absolutely no pyramiding, smooth flat shell. they look beautiful. Since they eat so much, I need to watch the weight though. I'm dealing now with the boettgeri babies of 1.5 inch. It is a challenge and I think they were not hydrated enough. Sluggish, slow well with my experience from my dalmatians I hope to help the grow big too.
Annette

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Love your babies, Annette!!! I'd love to see pics of your new Easterns too. :)