Dandelion hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisTortoiseDoe

5 Year Member
I have a Russian tortoise and I know that they eat mainly weeds, but I'm unsure of my weeds that I have in my yard, I don't want to happen to give him a poisonous one or anything and I cannot identify these weeds. I thought we had dandelions (something Russian tortoises like) but I heard from my mother that these are not dandelions but dandelion hybrids. That seems like it'd be fine to eat to me but just wanted to make sure. I'm cautious because this is my very first tortoise aha. Also provided are pictures of other weeds that happen to be in my yard. I live near the Seattle area of Washington so I'm not sure if there are poisonous weeds around here or not. Any help is really nice and appreciated! :) thanks! ImageUploadedByTortForum1378274655.500971.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1378274681.110893.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1378274697.829683.jpg

---
My Russian tortoise, Duncan, is the biggest cutie patootie <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Don't know why she's calling them hybrids. They look like run of the mill dandelions to me. If you are sure there are no chemicals on them, I'd let my torts eat them.

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Edinburgh, Scotland
The second 2 are just dandies, the first one I don't think is, I think its cats ear, which is safe to feed

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
My Russians love them they eat all the ones you have on the pictures, they are safe :)

DisTortoiseDoe

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone!! :)

---
My Russian tortoise, Duncan, is the biggest cutie patootie <3

Status
Not open for further replies.