Dane pup vs 75 year old tort...

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sorry party pooper is here - didn't like it - tortoise very unhappy as was the dog - sorry

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Disaster waiting to happen...a large teething puppy + a tortoise?

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Oh my, that was hard to watch. I'll bet my bottom dollar that tort as already received several injuries. Such a shame. : (

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Have to agree didn't enjoy it, actually stopped watching it
early on.
Hopefully they won't allow the two to intermingle again.
Arg people

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
No. It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye...or a limb.

Stupid pet owner needs brain implant, in my opinion.

chadk

10 Year Member!
I thought it was funny - dog and tort fighting over the plush bed. Reminded me of Dozer ramming my dog. You can see a decent ramming at about 2mins into it. Dozer is much better at ramming though.

Hopefully this isn't an everyday thing and they keep them seperated. I never encourage my dogs to interact with my torts - in fact, if they even look at them I let them know that they are not to mess with them.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Oh dear, I don't like that. I see why people might think it's comical but I was kinda waiting for the dog to flip and bite the tort's head off. A puppy aswell, what were they thinking?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I watched it with the thought that it was pretty much staged and they were watching both animals, so I really did chuckle during the vid. In my opinion, the tortoise was trying to get close enough to the dog's head (or ears) to bite him. It does take quite a bit of time for a tortoise bite to occur. The ramming is more of an instantaneous action, but there's a lot of thought going into a bite and you can see it coming for a long time. Let's just hope they are responsible tortoise/dog keepers and they realize what they've got there.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I laughed because the puppy's actions (running/flopping around, pawing, barking) reminded me of exactly what my boston terrier mix does when he gets frustrated and wants to nip/play with/chew on something but knows he's not supposed to.

It's scary to consider that they might think nothing of the puppy's nipping and biting later on in the video, though. That could get really ugly really fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.