Darwin's new stats

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
Darwin is approximately 20 months old now. He is 10'' long and 7 1/2'' inches wide. He weighs 2256 grams! Here are two pics from the day I got him and another two pics from tonight!

Attachments

• photo (20).JPG
    photo (20).JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 92
  • photo (21)-001.JPG
    photo (21)-001.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Nov 14.jpg
    Nov 14.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
  • Nov 10.jpg
    Nov 10.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 107

mikeh

5 Year Member
What a great example of how a pyramided start can turn into a nice smooth growing animal. This should give hope and encouragement to everyone with pyramided baby and what it will turn into with proper husbandry.

How about a new thread Tom "Turning your pyramided baby into a smooth growing beast", with husbandry history and details? Think it would give encouragement to many members worried and disappointed with their pyramided babies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
mikeh said:
What a great example of how a pyramided start can turn into a nice smooth growing animal. This should give hope and encouragement to everyone with pyramided baby and what it will turn into with proper husbandry.

How about a new thread Tom "Turning your pyramided baby into a smooth growing beast", with husbandry history and details? Think it would give encouragement to many members worried and disappointed with their pyramided babies.

Actually all I did was EVERYTHING that Tom told me to do. Closed chamber with uva/uvb and heat light with a 150w che on a thermostat. Moist Coconut Coir substrate with constant humidity of at least 90% and temps never below 82 degrees with a hot basking spot. Lots and lots of good and different food. I always change his food so he does't get bored eating the same thing! ALWAYS have fresh water available. Calcium powder about every 3 or so days. That's about it. But like I said, It's all in Tom's thread at the bottom of my signature! He is the master! But THANK YOU FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Nice looking tort you have there [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Very nice! My sulcata is two months behind yours in age and is 8 inches long, 6 inches wide. The last image your guy looks really big. Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Blake m said:
Very nice! My sulcata is two months behind yours in age and is 8 inches long, 6 inches wide. The last image your guy looks really big. Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Blake! Yeah he is really growing now! He slowed down for a bit but now making up for it. You'll look at yours one day and think "dang!" he just ain't growing. Then the next day you look at him and you'll be like WOW! He's sooo BIG! lol