Diet etc

brian.le02

Location (City and/or State)
Surprise Arizona
Are weeds good for a daily food like a staple? I give my baby sulcata mallow, spurge, and prickly lettuce mixed with zilla food and a store veggie either dandelion greens, turnip greens or even mustard greens sometimes mixed together usually but weeds are always in his meals is this ok? Or is it to much? ( I plan to buy endive and escarole soon and use that instead of the greens and dandelion greens) I low they need variety so should I separate his food more like one day only feed him some weeds and another day feed him veggies or his pellets or is it ok to mix it all together like a salad and is that ok to feed him everyday?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Weeds are great. Weeds, grass, and everything else. The less store bought “stuff” the better. Mixing in everything daily is great and a variety even better. Not sure why you would want to purchase endive and escarole since it sounds like you have a great supply of weeds and grass. Adding in mazuri and / or zilla can help enable additional trace elements.

Id say you are good to go!

And yes, feed every day. They are grazers and like to mozy about and eat throughout the day, morning, evening.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Have you read the list of foods that Tom gave you on your other post, and the sulcata caresheet?
They are all good foods.
Weeds would be all torts eat in the wild - as long as they are chemical free and tort safe - you can use you the tortoise table link I gave you to check that.

brian.le02

Surprise Arizona
Yeah I have but grass isn’t available right now but soon I will be giving him grass daily but is it ok to feed him the weeds every day? Or should it be a variety of weeds rotated in a cycle