diet suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

starjess81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
KY
I recently adopted a female sulcata and I'm trying to improve her diet of just romaine lettuce and green beans. Since I've had her I've been giving her salad greens mix and add romaine to it. No green beans. I tried spinach but she wouldn't touch it. I'm thinking of trying kale or mustard greens. Any suggestions???

And she weighs about 9 pounds.....so quantity of feedings too?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hello! I use kale, mustard, turnip, arugula (spelling may be off) baby mixed greens, and any other green I can get my hands on for Cooper! There is a thread on here about safe greens for Sully's. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Those are all good things to have in her diet but I would suggest adding natural grasses and leaves to her diet if you have access to it. It's a more natural diet for Sulcatas, not that veggies are bad at all they're great! Just saying add some natural flavor to the diet.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
if you can set up a place outside and let her graze, that is the best. pick grass and feed to her mixed with what she does eat...try hay as well.. Grass hay like horses eat...

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Spring Mix, Opuntia Cactus, Cactus Flowers, Grass, weeds, hay, Dandelions, Hibiscus, Mulberry Leaves, Chicory, Kale, Watercross, endive, Turnup Greens, Mustard Greens,etc.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Jacob said:
Spring Mix, Opuntia Cactus, Cactus Flowers, Grass, weeds, hay, Dandelions, Hibiscus, Mulberry Leaves, Chicory, Kale, Watercross, endive, Turnup Greens, Mustard Greens,etc.

Oh yeah, all this. I also give mine carrot tops, shaved radishes, Zoomed Grassland Tortoise food and I also have a sulcata grass mix growing for him to graze on.

starjess81

5 Year Member
KY
Wow! Thanks for all of great suggestions. I gave her red leaf lettuce today, kale and some mazuri. She ate everything but the mazuri. I am going to see a local amish farmer and see if he can grow me some organic greens and grasses until the spring so we will have a variety!!

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
I have to make the muzuri wet and mushy otherwise Willie will to eat it. I think she likes the mess it makes...

Status
Not open for further replies.