Differentiating Mediterranean Tortoises (VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I've put together another informative video, this time on Differentiating Mediterranean Tortoises. T. marginata, T. graeca and T. hermanni are featured in this and I apologize in advance for not including A. horsfieldii and T. kleinmanni. I will be making a more advanced video in the near future and will include those two species as well. This one is focused on "The Big 3" as some other countries refer to T. marginata, T. graeca and T. hermanni. Just a brief video to help some people out and get the general point across. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/IHwErY7BwXg

sadaf1230

5 Year Member
beautiful video, really nice and interesting, appreciated to share

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Very nice! Really enjoyed it, and definitely learned from it. I also went back to view your video on distinguishing the three different subspecies of Testudo hermanni, and found that to be very helpful as well.

If I may make a request, would you create a similar video on how to distinguish the different subspecies of T. graeca?

Also, one suggestion: you should include the Egyptian (T. kleinmanni) and Russian (T. horsfieldii) tortoises in your video on differentiating the Mediterranean crowd. I suppose it was more of a priority to show people how to tell the marginated, Greek, and Hermann tortoises apart, since they look more alike than the other two. Nevertheless, it would be good to include the other two as well, since they are all so closely related and similar.

Once again, thanks for the videos. They were both very informative! :)

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Thank you.

As I stated in my description, I apologize for not including Russians and Egyptians and down the line I will add them in. Like you said, Marginateds, Greeks and Hermann's are easily confused due to looks, especially by many newbies.

As for T. graeca, yes that would be something interesting to make as well. I will most likely put together something about T. g. ibera and T. g. anamurensis (or T. ibera and T. i. anamurensis) in the near future.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Very informative! I was never really unsure, but it was nice to confirm that my Greek is a Greek.

EKLC

5 Year Member
Great watch, informative and tons of awesome shots!

Status
Not open for further replies.