Digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southern calif
Im wondering if male and female sullys both dig " burrows " equally, or do the females seems to be the diggers due to egg laying. Or perhaps it has nothing to do with gender and it's just more an individual trait? Thank you for any insight on this, Tammy

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Mine doesn't care to dig but it didn't care for poop either and now that's the snack of choice. From what I believe it's an individual think. My friend has a very active flashing male that has lost dug a basement under their house. Looks like a sink hole but it's not...

Ps... I've had no luck with the avatar pictures either... I gave up so I'd my kid...lol...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Gender does not play a factor in burrow digging, we have a member on the forum with a female sulcata named RV who dug a very impressive burrow that Tom went down into and took a few photo's of it.

My male has a burrow that his house now sits on thats 7 feet down and I don't know if it deeper, that just where my tape measure stopped. I havent decided if I will let him back into it this summer, time will tell...

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Holy cow! Is that extreme burrowing start early? Or can that develop at any point, 5, 10, 15 years of age?

mary t said:
Mine doesn't care to dig but it didn't care for poop either and now that's the snack of choice. From what I believe it's an individual think. My friend has a very active flashing male that has lost dug a basement under their house. Looks like a sink hole but it's not...

Ps... I've had no luck with the avatar pictures either... I gave up so I'd my kid...lol...

Mary, you are so funny ! How old is your sully ?

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Elvis, my baby Willie is 6 years old only like 14 pounds... Note that's a pound more since I got him in nov. by the way I have not had a chance to get better pic for Tom but pretty sure Willie is a girl. But I still insist on walking my Willie every afternoon, willamena just is not as funny....

Status
Not open for further replies.