Dinner time for Georgie

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings to Yorkshire! Love the Dales! Hey...I don’t see any substrate at all in your enclosure? You might want to add a nice layer of orchid bark to your viv at least as deep as your water and feed dishes are tall. This way, you have a nice substrate for mr tort to dig in, and if u sink your bowls into the substrate, it’s a whole lot easier for them to eat and drink.

Ps, watch those disk shaped temperature gauges, they have been known to be way off from actual temps.

Happy days and good luck! Your Mr Tort looks good.

CloudyDay

Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire
Thanks for the advice.

The lizard carpert section is very small and the rest is a tort sand that he can dig in. We decided to half the substrate to make it easier to clean and to give him some variation.

We also have two different thermometers just to be certain and that is the cheaper one to give me an idea and the more expensive and accurate thermometer is the one we tend to use as a guide.

Ive been meaning to buy some substrate to collect around the bowls to make it easier but, as a student, i am pressed for money even for something like this and have to pay for his food and necessities above this.

Thankyou for you concern :)