Distance between tort and uvb lamp?

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Location (City and/or State)
Finland
Ok I'll aim for way higher humidity then!
You want to do this by poring water in the corners of the substrate. The goal is to have a damp underlayer and a drier top layer. What kind of air vents does your vivarium have? Are the lights mounted inside or outside? These are things that affect humidity.

PalestTortie

UK
You want to do this by poring water in the corners of the substrate. The goal is to have a damp underlayer and a drier top layer. What kind of air vents does your vivarium have? Are the lights mounted inside or outside? These are things that affect humidity.
I thought the humidity was meant to be general? I mean it'd make sense, my tort burrows a bit.

Vents are mesh like with holes in them.

Lights are in the viv, no mesh too, all wood.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I thought the humidity was meant to be general? I mean it'd make sense, my tort burrows a bit.

Vents are mesh like with holes in them.

Lights are in the viv, no mesh too, all wood.
For the humidity, you do definitely want to maintain it around 80 for a tortoise as young as yours, you should be seeing condensate building on the glass, your closed chamber viv will be able to do this with the correct maintenance🙂
^^this is the best advice to do so! I take it you’re viv has been sealed well?

tape over the vents of your enclosure from the outside, don’t worry about tortoise getting enough air! I promise you these set ups aren’t air tight, and when your opening it to do daily husbandries you’re creating more than enough air exchange! It’ll go a long way in helping to maintain the humidity😊