Do any of you walk your tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I thought this was interesting. I would never have thought about taking my torts for a walk outside of their own yard. Do any of you walk yours?

http://youtube. com/watch? v=Ltu18ZtUYRo

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
hello jacqui i walk my tort every day.U do have to keep a close eye on what they are doing.Clark is only a year old and not big but boy can he move the vet was even surprized how active he was.He likes to munch on eveything. That can be a problem when walking him.i have to keep him away from people plants and lawns.U never know what people spray on there lawns pesticides poisions ya know.I think walking ur turlte helps with there mental development and understanding of the world they live in.Clark is a very active and non shy tortoise he walks up to strangers and shows no fear.I believe this is due to his ability to see things out side of mine and clarks home.

Meka

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio, USA
This summer, we took the torroises to the park every weekend. Our park has little islands you can walk over a bridge to get to, so it wasnt where there were a lot of people. They loved to just graze and explore. If little kids did see them, they were quite curious and we tried to tell them as much as we could about them, including how big they get! They got a lot of attention, but we had to keep a close eye on them just so they didnt get away from us and so that people didnt mistake them for being wild or try to take them! (yes, we had a few people ask us if we actually caught them there. lol)

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
We take our three sulcatas out for a walk. We pretty much put them out on the front lawn, and let them wander. Believe it or not, they sometimes like to just head back into the backyard.
One fun thing that I have done with the largest one, is to take a remote control from one of the kids remote control cars. While following the Sulcata, I pretend I am controlling it with the remote. People just can't believe how life like the remote control tortoise looks, and it even eats too! The classic was when a little kid thought it was remote control and the tort pooped on the grass. The kid looked up at me and said, "You can even make it poop too?"

David

Status
Not open for further replies.