do you wake 'em up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Well now eight of the Russians are in that one big enclosure.

Some of them are up and at 'em every morning before I lay the food down.

Some of 'em sleep all day... Hurley and Elentari, especially, would NOT get up if I didn't wake them up. I left them be yesterday and they STILL haven't gotten up.

It's not the temps, as the others are fine. They're just slowing down right now, naturally.

Would you just let 'em be or do you get yours all up when you put the food down. The reason I'm wondering is, if they do decide to get up later in the day, the food will be gone gone gone. They could miss many meals this way!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i don't wake up my DTs every morning. most of the time they wake themselves. if i notice one is sleeping too much and missing out on breakfast, ill give them a little nudge to make sure they dont miss out. for me its just a judgment call

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Granted, I only have one russian inside, but I do put food in her enclosure and leave her be. If she hasn't eaten in a couple (3) days, I will nudge her, but usually she is at her food slate by the time I open the top of her enclosure.

Also what time of day do you feed them, try waiting if possible towards later morning, maybe then they will come out to eat. just a thought, in the summer I feed early 6am, but in the fall and winter I feed around 10am after they had a chance to warm up from the nights sleep.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Yah I generally feed them between 9:30 and 10:30. A couple of the ones who are normally up to eat on time slept through it today. I didn't get them up because they are generally piggies and could do with a day off, and the poor dears spent all evening searching for food! I didn't give in and give them more though! LOL!

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
my babies usually wake up themselves, if they dont wake within 2 hours of their lights being on i wake them

Status
Not open for further replies.