Does his carapace look okay?

PoppyT

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Does his carapace look okay? I noticed it isn’t straight/smooth. Also is he a redfoot or a cherryhead? Thanks! :)

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
Are we talking about 3 years old redfoot from your previous post? He has some pyramiding and looks much like cherry-head (little spurs, bright red head, some marbling). If his plastron (belly) is dark - that's another cherry-head sign. But he could be a "blend" (as redfoots are often selectioned and cross-bred between races for more vivid colors).

Or you've a got a new tortoise? (we need a photo then).

Cordycord

Manila
Hello!
Are we talking about 3 years old redfoot from your previous post? He has some pyramiding and looks much like cherry-head (little spurs, bright red head, some marbling). If his plastron (belly) is dark - that's another cherry-head sign. But he could be a "blend" (as redfoots are often selectioned and cross-bred between races for more vivid colors).

OOPS I meant plastron not carapace lol. Just noticed it wasn’t smooth. And I forgot to post a photo! Sorry. And yes he is a different tortoise. Here it is. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4497.jpeg
    IMG_4497.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1

Cordycord

Manila
Hello!

Just noticed I replied from original different account. Don’t be confused. It’s still me PoppyT. lol.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
OOPS I meant plastron not carapace lol. Just noticed it wasn’t smooth. And I forgot to post a photo! Sorry. And yes he is a different tortoise. Here it is. :)
Plastron looks fine, it will even out eventually. It looks like some filter like "skin enchancer" has been applied to photo, so not all details are clearly seen.

judging only by plastron color it's not a pure "cherry-head", but probably a morph (as some marbling is present). Photos of the head (nose front), shell top and front legs will help to identify.

Cordycord

Manila
Plastron looks fine, it will even out eventually. It looks like some filter like "skin enchancer" has been applied to photo, so not all details are clearly seen.

judging only by plastron color it's not a pure "cherry-head", but probably a morph (as some marbling is present). Photos of the head (nose front), shell top and front legs will help to identify.
Hi! Here are more photos.

I didn’t know that there are non-pure ones. Does that matter though care-wise? Or do I jsut follow guidelines for redfoots?

Thank you! IMG_4551.jpegIMG_4547.jpeg

Cordycord

Manila
Here’s a clearer photo! :) @Alex and the Redfoot I can’t tell if he’s a redfoot or a cherryhead or a mix. Oh and also if that bump in the middle is anything to be worried about? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4586.jpeg
    IMG_4586.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Here’s a clearer photo! :) @Alex and the Redfoot I can’t tell if he’s a redfoot or a cherryhead or a mix. Oh and also if that bump in the middle is anything to be worried about? Thank you!
Plastron looks healthy to me. Nothing to worry about. Very beautiful tortoise, by the way!

Care for all redfoots is similar, so it doesn't matter if it's a cherryhead or not.

Maybe @turtlesteve can chime in and help to ID if it's a morph or some other regional variety.

Cordycord

Manila
Plastron looks healthy to me. Nothing to worry about. Very beautiful tortoise, by the way!

Care for all redfoots is similar, so it doesn't matter if it's a cherryhead or not.

Maybe @turtlesteve can chime in and help to ID if it's a morph or some other regional variety.
thanks for all the info, Alex! And yes he’s a handsome one. 😍 Hoping @turtlesteve can help 😁