Does your Tortoise have a squishy nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My Galapagos tortoise, Littlefoot, has a squishy nose. To be more specific, her nose isn't hard like bone, it is soft like tissue or skin. I have seen a couple other Galaps have this, but none of my other tortoises have this feature. Is it just on Galaps or other tortoises as well?

I am extra curious if Aldabra tortoises have this feature, as it could be used as yet another physical characteristic between the two, as they are sometimes confused for each other.

And no, this isn't a joke, my Littlefoot really does have a squishy nose that is nice and soft and fun to lightly press on, and she actually doesn't mind at all. She will fully extend her neck out and hold it there, and let me rub her neck, the top of her head, and press very lightly on her nose, and I even give her nose kisses as well (nose to nose, not lips to nose...lol).

okay thanks!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I envy the fact that you can keep a Galapagos tort...I mean, just what could be cooler than a HUGE tortoise roaming around your yard! :cool:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know. They're not tame and I try to not handle them at all. I'm having to administer calcium tablets in hand-held fruit and one of them is really gun-shy, so I don't want to touch their faces right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.