Does your tortoise miss you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Hey I was curious to whether or not your tortoise misses you when you leave for work? does the tortoise get all excited when your home?

My leo is either sleeping or sitting by his lamp under his fog when i come home but when he sees me he runs around and runs up to the glass and looks at me a while runs around some more and looks up at me this continues till i pick him up and soak or feed him. maybe hes just getting smart and knows he gets food when im home but i like to think he misses me lol

heres a pic of him waking up in the morning.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
not like a dog or even a cat.. they arent made that way... but they do miss and love to see thier Food Gods!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
That's dang cute. I can't tell if mine misses me, but they do get excited after I wake them up.

EKLC

5 Year Member
I like to think that my tort knew me as a non-predator that was loosely associated with food and baths

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
When ever I come home....I find all of the torts and turtles doing flips and hollering "whoop whoop, she is hoooooommmmmme" then they do the butt dance and then calmly go back to their business.... :p:rolleyes:;)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Emrys has recently started running to me when he sees me enter the room after a day away. I've started spending a lot more time in my office, and he sits and watches me and tries to climb out of his enclosure when I'm around. I think he's just getting used to me as a part of the room, and probably finds it weird when I'm not there.

DvotedMOMMY

5 Year Member
Aww, what a cutie! Love that pic!
I think they learn fast.. Mine is only 2 1/2 months old, I've had Him/Her for around a month and a half-ish, and everyday I'd walk in the room, and talk like I would to a baby "Hi Baby! Good morning! You ready to eat??..etc" and dangle a piece of greens. She'd see the "green" leaf, and come running.. Now, even when she's in her hide, and cannot see me, I go in talking over the tank, and in a couple seconds, she comes running out! Lol.. Well,, not "running" haha,, but I mean, she doesn't peek to see what's going on, she storms out the hide all excited, and runs to the food right in my hand.. I've always made sure to hold the greens as short as I can, so my fingers are always right near her face, so she'll get use to not being afraid of my hands.. (While she's eating, I even extend a finger, and gently run it under her neck/chin, or against her little face, and it doesn't phase her! Lol)

So yes! I think your tort IS happy to see you! :D Your baby is a smarty! ;)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
ascott said:
When ever I come home....I find all of the torts and turtles doing flips and hollering "whoop whoop, she is hoooooommmmmme" then they do the butt dance and then calmly go back to their business.... :p:rolleyes:;)

:p

Dagashi

5 Year Member
I'm so jealous!
Your torts respond to ascott, tyguy 35 in such an adorable manner.

Mine just ignores me completely!! if anything I think they look at me and turn away! :(

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Dagashi said:
I'm so jealous!
Your torts respond to ascott, tyguy 35 in such an adorable manner.

Mine just ignores me completely!! if anything I think they look at me and turn away! :(

I'm sorry but that made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.