Dogs & Cats Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey_RS

5 Year Member
So some time ago our maltipoo was trying to warn us about something, now I wish I had actually checked despite being tired and going back to sleep.

Maltipoo n her pups in the living room,...

So I woke up to boy dogs being Shih-Tzu barking for some reason, they were in the Kitchen seperated from the Girls in the other bedroom due to them being in heat at the time.

big board in the way to keep the boys off of the little puppies (only problem with Squeaky toys, don't recommend if have little ones; big dogs then think young puppies are squeaky toys).

So the boys were barking at the door, I get up to second board by closed door Alpha'ing the boys back, on opening door find girls on cat, also girl. Got in there as quick as I could and Alpha'd the girls away; only one of the girls were stubborn but she wasn't the one that did most damage.

----------
And Note we have never before had problems with dogs and cats save for them bored barking at - cat couldn't care less about them; or stupid boy cat who runs from them dogs triggering chase-instinct. Never had any incidents of dogs getting hold on any cat, at most they just barked which then we alpha'd them away.

Simply put, this cat very likely she won't make it. Vet? we should have, unfortunately it closes pretty early on so... Money's a bit tight also... This happened about 4 or 5pm, vet's probably like 1 hour away, apparently they close at 5 or 6. I kept asking if there was another vet or animal hospital near, but they (mom mostly) wouldn't listen or said no without even LOOKING... (ugh just sometimes... gr...) and step-dad didn't mention nor look up either as far as I can tell.

I still remember when we first got her, Canada Pound. such a sweet kitty, she was so very sick then the pound even thought she wouldn't make it, she's been with us for about 18 years. We saved her, in turn she saved us some years ago.

I do not have pics of her during the incident nor am I going to get any.

DSC05158-1.jpg

This is her.
:(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry this happened. Usually if there is more then one dog, things like this are more possible. They, the dogs, get that wild pack instinct. Hopefully she will be alright.

Mikey_RS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hopefully she will be alright.

If she drops her tail completely, maybe her leg can heal... Interesting that her neck healed fine, but her rear left leg...

yucky. now some her actual Bones in the heel area of kitty's foot is showing. stinky.

Yet, she is a very strong-willed cat (they say cats have 9 lives, however this cat's had more than 9 already)

She's a gramma kitty

Mikey_RS

5 Year Member
So it seems she's healing, if she makes it she'll be a miracle kitty

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
RE: Dogs & Cats Warning!

Poor thing. Sorry you had to find your cat that way. Did you manage to pull the cat out of the dogs grip or did the cat escape on her own?

So this kitty was attacked by the dogs, bleeding and mangled, not taken to a very but is recovering 100 percent on her own, is this correct?

Did she get anything to clean her wounds, prevent infections?

Bones are sticking out of her foot?

What kind of damage would your mom and step dad need to see to warrant a vet visit?

Mikey_RS

5 Year Member
luvpetz27 said:
How is she today? I hope better!

Rest In Peace: Hattie, the Calico cat sweetygirl.
Feb 3rd 1994 - Jan 31st 2013
angelcat.png

:(

But yes she did recover from the dogs then just went downhill after.

Apparently in the time we had her she chased off two dogs, one a Dobermann and the other a Golden Retriever.
She had also saved our other cat (who's also gone); that was a grey persian/himalayan (colorpoint persian) mix, from a black cat. She never liked black cats.

At least her last days of life were peaceful, she enjoyed them. Poor cat, but she had a good life. Some years back when we were to spay her but found out she already had been as she had a long butchered scar, like from her chest all the way down her tummy.
-----
As for today, my favorite dog just tried to commit suicide not long ago, by a heater. He seems alright but still.
Almost too much for me.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.