Dogs Home, Moch-up #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bthumpsta

5 Year Member
So here it is nearly three times the size of the temp. one i had him in when i first got him. I'm tempted to change the lighting, I just havent been able to get out to petco. The temps are reading fine and since i put the Plant pots in he has moved them so he can get under the UVB light better. I built it from some old dresser drawers I had found the taller part is just a box i had made previously. Thanks and let me know what i can improve!!!

oh and the substrate is Coconut coir with all organic potting soil mixed in. and of course his favorite food, dandelions!

Attachments

• IMAG0373.jpg
    IMAG0373.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG0375.jpg
    IMAG0375.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0376.jpg
    IMAG0376.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0377.jpg
    IMAG0377.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0363.jpg
    IMAG0363.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 56

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
Hahaa awesome Macgyverering job!
But how can such a small food dish satisfy your dog?
And still giving you the raised eyebrow because your tort shares names with mine! :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
How creative! I'm sure your adorable little tort appreciates all the new space :)
For a food dish I prefer using a slate tile or one of those ceramic plant pot bottoms (I can't think of what they're called :p) because it's easier for the tort to access, and it can also help wear down their beak when they take a bite of food.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Happy torty= happy torty keeper!

Keep tinkering and he'll keep growing and smiling at you like that. :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your Mom's gonna be really mad that you wrecked all the furniture!

Bthumpsta

5 Year Member
Haha, No I found the dresser in the hall. Someone had apparently left it out for the the maintenance man to throw away. I still need to decorate, so everything in it is just temporary. He has a healthy apatite, I generally fill the little food dish twice a day and he eats what he wants and discards the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.