Double eggs....new thing for me.

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, Ar
My leopard just laid this clutch. Anything special I can do for the double egg. First time that has happened for me.IMG_20171015_190617.jpgIMG_20171015_190613.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh wow, never seen anything like that before. Very interesting to see what others will recommend. I would guess to leave it. It almost looks like two separate eggs inside one membrane. does it look like that in real life?

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Little Rock, Ar
Oh wow, never seen anything like that before. Very interesting to see what others will recommend. I would guess to leave it. It almost looks like two separate eggs inside one membrane. does it look like that in real life?
Yes looks like two separate eggs in real life also. I'll update this thread with how things go.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I've seen similar in chickens. The first time I cracked that baby open for an omelette- two separate eggs with the outer shell connected and the inner egg membrane separated the insides. Second time it happened I stuck it under a hen that was just starting to sit- only one side developed a chick but it was healthy.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Had this happen with a Colombian red foot tortoise. My egg looked just like yours...a giant peanut.
It hatched two non-identical 'twins' with separate yolk sacs.
Have photos around here somewhere...