dried mulberry leaves?

amandamb

Location (City and/or State)
mississippi
So I was reading an articles about giving turtles/tortoises dried mulberry leaves and was wondering if anyone has done this. It is meant to be given as a part of a wide variety of foods. These leaves are washed, dried, and dehydrated. Just thought I would throw the question out there. I have never considered it before. I have more then a few mulberry trees behind my house that I could gather some from and try this for myself but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it first.

amandamb

Location (City and/or State)
mississippi
I almost forgot I had to go to the pet store for some supplies and saw a shell condition meant to help strengthen the shell. I have never seen this before and wonder if its really a needed product or something that is advertised as a must.

Basil the Russian

There's a video by garden state tortoise on YouTube where they feed dried leaves of various kinds during the winter months when fresh stuff might be hard to come by. They claimed good results with the method. I haven't tried it due to the winters being mild in my locale, but it seems sensible enough.