Dry skin on neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimlico

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Hi all,

My Leo jenson approx 2 years has quite dry skin on his neck, his table is not overly hot but any ideas? I bath him regularly.

Thanks

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Try spritzing him and his enclosure with water occasionally through the day.. it will help increase the moisture.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you have water available for him 24/7? Also, what kind of substrate are you using? What are your temps?

Pimlico

5 Year Member
London, UK
He has a dish to soak in but doesn't often go in. Thanks for the idea about spraying him occasionally. Temp varies but mid to high 20s minimum and then has a dark spot to sleep in a house

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pimlico said:
He has a dish to soak in but doesn't often go in. Thanks for the idea about spraying him occasionally. Temp varies but mid to high 20s minimum and then has a dark spot to sleep in a house

You said you bathe him regularly. You aren't using something to bathe him other then water, correct?

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Sometimes this can be a vitamin A problem I had a rescue with this and it just needed a vitamin boost

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
princessdreamsxxx said:
Sometimes this can be a vitamin A problem I had a rescue with this and it just needed a vitamin boost

Where can we get vitamin A? Because my female Russian had that when I got her and still does.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
I got an injection from the vet it was the quickest way and the only way I new how to get it straight into the tortoise you can buy a product called HIGH ACE in England I think they sell it world wide this is a really high strength vitamin powder but it has to be used with the correct instructions as this is very high in A C E vitamin so you have to check the other vitamins are still being given

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
There have been numerous posts on this forum about the dangers of Vitamin A injections. Someone else might come along with some advice. I have heard some use liquid bird vitamins in the soak, but I have not ever personally used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.