Dry tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
I'm curious why everyones tortoise I see is all shiny looking and moist looking and MoonPie isn't like that even after she soaks or I spray her her head and legs are really dry looking still. Her shell will be shiny but not her head and legs :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dana:

Getting your tortoise very wet enhances the picture quality. Your tortoise would look real wet too if you actually place it in water and scrub all over including the legs and head to get rid of any air pockets and any dust and dirt.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Dana:

Getting your tortoise very wet enhances the picture quality. Your tortoise would look real wet too if you actually place it in water and scrub all over including the legs and head to get rid of any air pockets and any dust and dirt.

I can do that? Lol ok how do I do that without hurting hurt? Cuz I soak her and then I'm like she still looks dry lol

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Anybody know how to properly scrub the tortoise without

Without hurting it?

hondaa

5 Year Member
Canada
DanaLachney said:
Anybody know how to properly scrub the tortoise without

Without hurting it?

maybe a good tooth brush

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If you must....you will want to get the softest bristle tooth brush...like the uber soft toddler toothbrush....if you must, did I say that already....LOL

A dirty dusty tortoise is a happy tortoise....oh wait...in my opinion that is....:p:p:p:p:p

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
ascott said:
If you must....you will want to get the softest bristle tooth brush...like the uber soft toddler toothbrush....if you must, did I say that already....LOL

A dirty dusty tortoise is a happy tortoise....oh wait...in my opinion that is....:p:p:p:p:p

Well I was just makin sure my "dirty" tortoise was still as pretty as everyones shiny tortoises

:p lol

Actually she isn't dirty just dry looking even AFTER her soak

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Silly you, every tortoise is beautiful:D. But non are as beautiful as mine:p. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.