DT Waking up - Activity Delay?

AZGirl

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Parker, my 7 yr old DT woke up after 16 weeks, drank some water, went back to sleeping for abt 3 days. Woke up again, I‘ve started warming him up slowly providing food and water, soaked 2days as it warmed outside. Now it has cooled down again. How long can it take for DT to come up in activity? I’m following care sheet from @Tom, I believe, warming up,slowly. Not how I’ve done before. He hibernated at lower, correct temps this winter. I’m just concerned, he seems sluggish and don’t know if I should put him under lights yet and for how long. Did let him get some natural light during soak outside at abt 70- 75 degree temp outside. Today only 63 high. Any input would be appreciated. He has eaten, altho, not a lot, and pooped once after soak. Thank you. ???

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Parker, my 7 yr old DT woke up after 16 weeks, drank some water, went back to sleeping for abt 3 days. Woke up again, I‘ve started warming him up slowly providing food and water, soaked 2days as it warmed outside. Now it has cooled down again. How long can it take for DT to come up in activity? I’m following care sheet from @Tom, I believe, warming up,slowly. Not how I’ve done before. He hibernated at lower, correct temps this winter. I’m just concerned, he seems sluggish and don’t know if I should put him under lights yet and for how long. Did let him get some natural light during soak outside at abt 70- 75 degree temp outside. Today only 63 high. Any input would be appreciated. He has eaten, altho, not a lot, and pooped once after soak. Thank you. ???
If he's up and eating, then he needs to be able to get warm and up to operating temps daily. At this stage, I'd set the night temp in the box to around 60-65, and use the heat lamp all day inside the box when its not warm and sunny outside.

AZGirl

Arizona
If he's up and eating, then he needs to be able to get warm and up to operating temps daily. At this stage, I'd set the night temp in the box to around 60-65, and use the heat lamp all day inside the box when its not warm and sunny outside.
Ok, thank you. I will try that. ?

AZGirl

Arizona
Today is day is 9 days after he woke up second time. I warmed him up much more and he moved more this a.m. but now sleeping. He ate and drank. He let me pet him w/o quickly hiding his head for first time. ??‍♀️ I think he forgot me. Still looking for new orchid bark. Totrtoisesupply out. Will check pet and feed stores. Thanks all. ?