Earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
Well we have had another earthquake today, according to the experts in Colorado the first was 4. Something and the second one was 5,3,
Up to now 7 dead, thing is we are use to them here, although not on the scale of the states or Japan,
Now I know why my mare was behaving herself....lol:D

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Wow Yvonne, hope thats the end of it. Stay safe.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
DocNezzy said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Hope it is over.

Me to. I'm going to Spain for the weekend! :)

Where about in Spain are you coming to?
This quake was in Lorca which is down south, but it was quite bad, when I lived down there we had a similar one and that was weird.

We have several here in the Alicante province, we had 2 about 2 weeks ago, but they were nothing compared to the Lorca one.

John

5 Year Member
bikerchicspain said:
DocNezzy said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Hope it is over.

Me to. I'm going to Spain for the weekend! :)

Where about in Spain are you coming to?
This quake was in Lorca which is down south, but it was quite bad, when I lived down there we had a similar one and that was weird.

We have several here in the Alicante province, we had 2 about 2 weeks ago, but they were nothing compared to the Lorca one.

hope all is well there, I have been too Rota and Palma but never realized quakes were so normal there.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
On the news it looked really bad. I am going to Spain also on a cruise in 10 days. I hope the quakes have settled down and the ocean is safe. I am used to little San Diego earthquakes, but that one looked scary:(
I am glad you are okay Yvonne. How far away from you was it?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
On the news it looked really bad. I am going to Spain also on a cruise in 10 days. I hope the quakes have settled down and the ocean is safe. I am used to little San Diego earthquakes, but that one looked scary:(
I am glad you are okay Yvonne. How far away from you was it?

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I have been to Lorca many a time, it has a castle on the top of a hill looking over the town,
I live a couple of hours away from there, but my horse did sense it because she behaved herself for once.:D

The reason it looked worse is because Spanish builders leave very much to be desired, straight walls! What are they? Spirit levels, NO! A piece of blue string for the straightish walls, bricks, well why use bricks that will take you twice as long when you can use breeze blocks, it cost less and it's quicker, insulation is non existent,
:rolleyes:
Try putting a picture on your wall, the plaster you can dig a whole in with you finger nail and when you put the nail in it comes straight out again, drilling is impossible as the hole ends up 3 times the size because the walls are hollow so they just crack.

The Spanish are good at some things, food, wine and fiestas.:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.