Eastern Hermanns

rpm23

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Does anyone have a picture of an Eastern Hermanns in your hand or next to something that shows size at 2-3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months? These are the ages offered by the breeders I'm looking into and I'm brand new to this. I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect in the beginning.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Whatever, you do, start here:

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Does anyone have a picture of an Eastern Hermanns in your hand or next to something that shows size at 2-3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months? These are the ages offered by the breeders I'm looking into and I'm brand new to this. I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect in the beginning.
This is my Eastern Hermann’s at 3 months. Keep in mind that I have very small hands. I personally would not get any younger than 3 months. They’re so tiny and fragile.

IMG_1951.png

The day I brought him home, next to a large grape for scale.

IMG_8908.jpeg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum.

rpm23

Texas
This is my Eastern Hermann’s at 3 months. Keep in mind that I have very small hands. I personally would not get any younger than 3 months. They’re so tiny and fragile.

View attachment 361528

The day I brought him home, next to a large grape for scale.

View attachment 361529
Thank you! We ended up going with the 6 week old and he's doing great!

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
That’s great! I’d love to see a picture of your little cutie 🥰. They’re so precious when they’re tiny. I told my little guy to never grow up, but he didn’t listen. Now he’s 4 years old and 7 inches long.

rpm23

Texas
I couldn't get over his cuteness so I made him an Instagram page and tiktok account with lots of pics and videos. Haha! I don't even have accounts for myself! 🤣 My children and nieces/nephews love reptiles of all kinds and are having a great time watching him.
On both accounts he's called Sherman.the.Hermanns