Eating Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

7oasty23

5 Year Member
So my Russian finally started eating again, and now he only eats when he is outside. Whenever I take him out, he'll cruise around the yard and graze on weeds and grass for hours. When he's inside all day however, he won't touch his food, not even if I feed him weeds from the yard. Is this normal? He used ti love mazuri, and now he won't touch it. Any ideas?

saberfire06

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampton, VA
I'm no expert but the foods he is eating outside (grass and weeds) are probable a lot better for him anyway. I bet hes on a hunger strike till you take him outside again :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I agree... most people post because their tort is hooked on Mazuri.

Joe eats very little that I give to him when the weeds are plentiful. If your tort is indoors long term and the food you offer is the only thing going, he will decide that he's hungry and start eating what you offer again, but it might take a few days.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
If he is already grazing all day long i dont think you have anything to worry bout. As long as he is pooping on a regular than he sound fine to me... Shelby is the same way... She's out all day and would graze when she's outside. barely touch the food once inside the house and bask or sleep all night.

JoesMum said:
I agree... most people post because their tort is hooked on Mazuri.

Joe eats very little that I give to him when the weeds are plentiful. If your tort is indoors long term and the food you offer is the only thing going, he will decide that he's hungry and start eating what you offer again, but it might take a few days.

I love how you mention Joe instead of "My tort" sorry but im going to copy you from now on! =)

Vickie

5 Year Member
My guess is the others are right Eric. Sort of that old adage its always better right off the vine sort of thing. Even the weeds your bring in he just might be like wait those aren't fresh? LOL Maybe try something for experimental reasons and give him something new and unique he normally won't get roaming like a piece of fruit etc. Bet you'll find its just he rather roam and pick for himself and will gobble up the fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.