eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

missgemma

5 Year Member
Trevey my 2 year old tort has a good apitite.
how often should i be feeding him and how much, i saw a post about just feed him for a 20 min period and thats it. im trying this but feel like i should be feeding him more than once a day?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I feed Tallula every morning,once a day, just a handful, and she's eats as much for 20mins, and I take the rest away. Some people feed their torts for two days,then off one day, two days, off one day, but I'm always scared of forgetting when the on day is! SO I feed her once a day :D

Most people will say that the handful of food should be as much as his shell, in other words, the bunch of food should be a similar bunch to the size of his shell

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
If it's a little hatchling some people think twice a day is more appropriate, but for most torts once a day is typical. My tort eats slow, and also grazes at his food, so I do a set amount, and then a snack if he's still awake later and moving around. I think weighing and measuring in set intervals and adjusting the food accordingly plus some for as it grows is a good plan. 20 minutes is kinda a guideline if you don't know where to start, and probably more conservative too.

Status
Not open for further replies.