Echos first radiograph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Tonight while getting Echo from her outdoor space and bringing her in for a soak I noticed this piece of something hanging off her, one time she got a squash vine stuck around her leg so I assumed this was similar...then I noticed it was in her mouth and that it was one of those string type things on palm trees etc (I'll have to post a picture) anyhow, I pulled it gently and she started to work with me/relax her throat and let it pass, once there was the slightest resistance I stopped. I managed to get 6 or so inches out at home. I called my partner and got her up to speed as I brought her in the hospital, she took this radiograph to check for gas and did the same thing, Echo bit the "string" and broke it off though. (got a couple more inches out) Advised 2 20 minute soaks a day and mineral oil on her salad tomorrow. She's going to do another rad. tomorrow too. She brought up some food at one point and I learned to handstand them in this situation, interesting!
Any how, I'll keep you all posted. I'm nervous and of course mad I didn't see the palm tree thing in there, I'm assuming the wind blew it into her enclosure.

image-3061576610.png

Attached a picture of her lil body.

Mjdeisher

5 Year Member
Oh no! Hope she is ok! Do you mean when she started throwing up almost you put her in a handstand to help it move out? Interesting, and good to know...

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
Mjdeisher said:
Oh no! Hope she is ok! Do you mean when she started throwing up almost you put her in a handstand to help it move out? Interesting, and good to know...

Yea, I should of clarified. Since they aspirate easily do that if they start to throw up something.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
YA, glad all turned out okay. Glad to know,about the throw up too, interesting. Thanks for sharing and again, so glad all is right now:)

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
wellington said:
YA, glad all turned out okay. Glad to know,about the throw up too, interesting. Thanks for sharing and again, so glad all is right now:)

Us too! I'm amazed at how slow they digest things. We had to give her a little mineral oil to help pass it but after 2 days she had shown no changes in stool so I stopped the oil and just did her soaks etc a week later the oil passed (what a fun surprise in her soak for 2 days!) and now this far after the rest of the material did. Insane!

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
mattgrizzlybear said:
Glad she is ok!

Us too!! I was so shocked to see that poop yesterday! After her going daily I just assumed she broke it down and it was gone. I had no idea they digest so slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.