edible weeds or not

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Hi all

Can anyone ID any of these 4 weeds and are they tort edible.

Thank you

IMG_20150517_085434.jpg IMG_20150517_085442.jpg IMG_20150517_085449.jpg IMG_20150517_085458.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I just noticed in the 2nd photo there are 2 other weed, can they be eaten. Think one is what we call sticky bud, I know this from my childhood. hee hee hee
Also in photo 4 on the right is a plant/weed just staring to flower. What is that, we have hundreds of them sprouting up.
Thanks again

Craig

WithLisa

5 Year Member
Austria
1 might be a senecio, that would be toxic.
2 looks like geranium robertianum to me or some other kind of geranium. My torts don't like it but I don't think it's toxic. The plant on the left looks like galium aparine (is it sticky? Then it's edible) and if the small plant in the middle is thorny, it's some kind of rose (edible).
3 no idea, wait for flowers. :p
4 must be some kind of thistle, so I guess it's edible. The flower on the right is an Aquilegia (I would say Aquilegia vulgaris). As far as I know it's toxic for mammalia, but my torts like it, especially before it starts to bloom.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
1 might be a senecio, that would be toxic.
2 looks like geranium robertianum to me or some other kind of geranium. My torts don't like it but I don't think it's toxic. The plant on the left looks like galium aparine (is it sticky? Then it's edible) and if the small plant in the middle is thorny, it's some kind of rose (edible).
3 no idea, wait for flowers. :p
4 must be some kind of thistle, so I guess it's edible. The flower on the right is an Aquilegia (I would say Aquilegia vulgaris). As far as I know it's toxic for mammalia, but my torts like it, especially before it starts to bloom.
Thank you. Can they eat blackberry leaves.

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
I agree With Lisa (mostly):
first picture looks like "tansy ragwort" - toxic
Second is a Geranium, usually not well-liked, but not toxic.
Third photo - the taller plant with opposite leaves may be a Epilobium. "Willow herb" to you, or "fire weed" to me; edible, but not choice. Gallium is OK
In the fourth picture the tall spiny plant is very likely
a "prickley lettuce" - Lechuga sp. - edible.
I am less sure about feeding "columbine" on a regular basis.
YMMV