Egg laying

jeneliza

Location (City and/or State)
burton michigan
Okay I know this is kinda of a dumb question, but I honestly am getting worried, my girl is between 11-14, ( pet store tort) and yes she is female, vet checked, when should I worry if she hasn't layed any eggs, I was told they do this even with out a male, I am concerned about egg impactment, and i have been told it can happen and possibly lead to death, my hasn't had any eggs,

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In my experience females without males don't lay eggs. There is always an exception, and occasionally there will be a female that lays without a male, but the majority of them don't.

jeneliza

burton michigan
In my experience females without males don't lay eggs. There is always an exception, and occasionally there will be a female that lays without a male, but the majority of them don't.
Okay thanks so much this makes me feel better, I was worried because she hasn't yet,

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I agree with Yvonne.

Unless you are seeing digging, restlessness, or other nesting behaviors, I wouldn't give this a second thought.

jeneliza

burton michigan
I agree with Yvonne.

Unless you are seeing digging, restlessness, or other nesting behaviors, I wouldn't give this a second thought.
She's not digging , or at least not in a way to lay eggs, she digs a bed every night, but not to nest, thanks I won't worry about her laying eggs, anymore, I appreciate the information,