EGG SLIGHTLY REPOSITIONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
One of my Russian eggs hatched last night. When I got up in the morning he was out of his egg walking around. He had slightly moved one of the other unhatched eggs. The egg that was very slightly rolled forward was due to hatch on July 18th. I had marked the top with an X and it was not exactly on the top anymore. Do you think that this slight repositioning at this time of the incubation period could have harmed the unhatched baby? :(

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I have had this happen many times and it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Good luck!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Carol S said:
One of my Russian eggs hatched last night. When I got up in the morning he was out of his egg walking around. He had slightly moved one of the other unhatched eggs. The egg that was very slightly rolled forward was due to hatch on July 18th. I had marked the top with an X and it was not exactly on the top anymore. Do you think that this slight repositioning at this time of the incubation period could have harmed the unhatched baby? :(
Not at all. That happens all the time, I've had many hatchlings burrow under and roll eggs all over the place in the container. There might be a slight risk of a tortoise's egg sac being ruptured within the egg but I have yet to see it happen. They're actually pretty tough.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
It is close enough to hatching that it should not cause a problem now. It can cause problems earlier in the growth cycle, but yours are ready to pop now, so it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.