Tiny Russian Egg

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ocala, Fl
Today my female laid a clutch of one egg, and it was pretty small compared to the others. This season she has laid three other eggs: first clutch had two, second had one, and the third (this egg) was one. The first two are due to hatch in two weeks. The egg in the second clutch is showing veins and has chalked. This one that was laid today, I'm unsure about due to its size.

Are smaller eggs usually infertile? I am going to incubate and see of course, but I am curious if it will be infertile or hatch out a tiny Russian.

Here are some pics. It looks smaller in person than in the pics. Second pic is a comparison with the egg hatched 16 days earlier, and third pic is comparison with all of the Russian eggs. Any input is appreciated!

IMG_0319.jpgIMG_0324.jpgIMG_0322.jpg

TaylorTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Abington
Today my female laid a clutch of one egg, and it was pretty small compared to the others. This season she has laid three other eggs: first clutch had two, second had one, and the third (this egg) was one. The first two are due to hatch in two weeks. The egg in the second clutch is showing veins and has chalked. This one that was laid today, I'm unsure about due to its size.

Are smaller eggs usually infertile? I am going to incubate and see of course, but I am curious if it will be infertile or hatch out a tiny Russian.

Here are some pics. It looks smaller in person than in the pics. Second pic is a comparison with the egg hatched 16 days earlier, and third pic is comparison with all of the Russian eggs. Any input is appreciated!

View attachment 344146View attachment 344147View attachment 344148
Do you sell?