Eggs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk002

5 Year Member
Yesterday my dad found tortoise eggs In our yard!!! ,but I have one simple question to ask you guys.
[size=large]WHAT TEMPERATURE ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO SET IT ON???

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
rk002 said:
Yesterday my dad found tortoise eggs In our yard!!! ,but I have one simple question to ask you guys.
[size=large]WHAT TEMPERATURE ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO SET IT ON???

What kind of :tort: eggs

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I prefer 86-88. There is a lot more to it than just the temp though... Do you need any other help?

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
Tom, any feelings on a good retailed inc like hoova or reptiincubator? I suck at building my own.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
tyrs4u said:
Tom, any feelings on a good retailed inc like hoova or reptiincubator? I suck at building my own.

I like to incubate my eggs in individual plastic shoe boxes and the Hovabator is slightly taller inside, so that is my preference. I also incubate in a pretty warm, temperature stable room, so the lower wattage off the Hovabator suits me fine. I actually like the control knob on the Little Giant better and the slightly higher wattage will maintain the temp a little better in a typical house. The ZooMed model worked okay, but I don't need the even higher wattage, the digital readout for temp and humidity was pretty far off and it is quite a bit more expensive than the other two. I wish somebody would make a slightly taller one...

Due to egg volume, I am currently hunting for an old fridge that is not in use anymore to make my own incubator that can hold lot and lots of shoe boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.