Einstein !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
hey everyone, after a very exciting weekend of watching over my little guy i finally have some time to put the pics up. After having this debate wrestling in my head of wether or not his table is to big i have decided its cool the way it is. He loves walking around the whole thing exploring all the different little hides and taking naps in different spots. I thought after getting him he would be shy and keep to a hide or two for the 1st couple days but no, he has been living it up in there, walking all over the place, he even has his routine of a walk and the substrate is becoming a path for him. haha i love seeing him stretch and yawn (dont worry its only when he wakes up and sleeps, and there is no mucus or wheezing accompanied with the yawn, so no RI ) before and after he knocks out. He seems very alert and very outgoing and likes being hand fed which i like also ! HE reacts to my voice also because wheneveri say his name he fully stretches his neck, looks my directions, and proceed over to where i am haha ssoooo awesome !! i love him !! I notice when Einstein sleeps he is usually sprawled or or in a loose ball, never fully in his shell, is this normal ? Also, excuse his dirty mouth, hes been eatting .... a lot haha

Attachments

• DSCN1075.JPG
    DSCN1075.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1081.JPG
    DSCN1081.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN1074.JPG
    DSCN1074.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN1100.JPG
    DSCN1100.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1088.JPG
    DSCN1088.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1107.JPG
    DSCN1107.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1101.JPG
    DSCN1101.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN1096.JPG
    DSCN1096.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN1092.JPG
    DSCN1092.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 32

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Looks perfect! It's always nice to start off with an animal that appears to be in GREAT condition from the start! Just remember to keep him hot and humid! Temps should range from 75 (cool spot) to 120 (basking area)...and spray him at least 2-3 times a day. If you read no other thread on this forum, then read this one...it will save you a lot of headache later.

http://tortoiseforum.org/Thread-The-End-Of-Pyramiding

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
laura and dean thankyou for your concerns about humidity and temps. after a week of observing the hide and its temps, temps range from 102 right under the lightsource and 76 at the opposite farthest end. Humidity will stay at a constant 76-82 percent during the day and at night ive noticed the humidity jumping up to 86 percent. I spray down the table with warm water every morning and mix up the substrate by hand every morning also and the humidity has stayed within the range. The hides are very humid inside because i spray them with and extra amount of warm water in the morning. Einstein gets his soak in my hot and humid bathroom while im in the shower and gets sprayed down again before being placed in his home, then when i get home we have a spray down session again with warm water. Ive learned a lot from everyone on here and want to say thankyou again to everyone !!!

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, Va
ADVANceNA said:
laura and dean thankyou for your concerns about humidity and temps. after a week of observing the hide and its temps, temps range from 102 right under the lightsource and 76 at the opposite farthest end. Humidity will stay at a constant 76-82 percent during the day and at night ive noticed the humidity jumping up to 86 percent. I spray down the table with warm water every morning and mix up the substrate by hand every morning also and the humidity has stayed within the range. The hides are very humid inside because i spray them with and extra amount of warm water in the morning. Einstein gets his soak in my hot and humid bathroom while im in the shower and gets sprayed down again before being placed in his home, then when i get home we have a spray down session again with warm water. Ive learned a lot from everyone on here and want to say thankyou again to everyone !!!

When it comes time to repalce his substrate, you should go with eco earth. Try to stay away from the very course stuff, its hard for lil legs to gets traction on that size substrate.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
thanks ! duely noted ! well that substrate is the substrate that is in his basking area, the rest of the box is 50/50 coco noir and peat moss, but i think ill go with doing the 50/50 mix all around next time i change substrates out, i was just trying to provide some different terrain for him to experience. thankyou livingstone !

Status
Not open for further replies.