Enclosure for tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

34KING18

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT , USA
I hear that glass tanks are not very good for tortoises because they do not realize that there is glass and they just keep walking into it. Right ? And, I've heard a ton of people say that these black, containers are better and are a lot cheaper. I was wondering if you guys knew about these or if you could post a picture or link to one of them. I hear that their better because the tortoise doesn't walk into it and they are cheap. It kind of looks likes this guys on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gH5PT5HPsQ

I was wondering if you guys could give me the link to this like on amazon or at some hardware store? Thanks guys!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Im not sure what that is. it almost look like a truck bed liner..
You can check feed stores for large stock tanks. Rubbermaid makes large black one. They get hot if outside.
Or you can looks for xmas tree storage boxes. they are the biggest. But hard to find this time of year.
OR a bookcase turned on it back shelves removed and placed on plywood for strength, lined with plastic.. works well too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glass tanks work good too.if your tort does bang into it, you just have to cover the bottom portion with paper. The most important thing is proper size, heat, lighting, humidity and food.

pdelpizzo

10 Year Member!
Broward County

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
34KING18 said:
I hear that glass tanks are not very good for tortoises because they do not realize that there is glass and they just keep walking into it. Right ? And, I've heard a ton of people say that these black, containers are better and are a lot cheaper. I was wondering if you guys knew about these or if you could post a picture or link to one of them. I hear that their better because the tortoise doesn't walk into it and they are cheap. It kind of looks likes this guys on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gH5PT5HPsQ

I was wondering if you guys could give me the link to this like on amazon or at some hardware store? Thanks guys!

I find if I put brown paper on the back of his tank he's ok. If I don't he starts head butting the glass but if I do he's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.