Enclosure

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hi guys I have recently arranged a new habit for Hamilton what do you think? View attachment 230671View attachment 230672View attachment 230673

Looks good and seems you put a lot of effort into it :)

Is that a mercury vapor bulb? I don't believe those should be tilted as you lose more of the lifespan.

Careful of mold with the wood and the substrate, unless you sealed it with something. I have a pond liner between the two to prevent this.

Also, are you monitoring temperature in there? How old is your tortoise?

SmithyBlade

Portsmouth
Looks good and seems you put a lot of effort into it :)

Is that a mercury vapor bulb? I don't believe those should be tilted as you lose more of the lifespan.

Careful of mold with the wood and the substrate, unless you sealed it with something. I have a pond liner between the two to prevent this.

Also, are you monitoring temperature in there? How old is your tortoise?

Thanks dude! He is around 5 months old and I’m going out to buy something that checks the temperature tomorrow! Ideal temperature? IMG_1518892779.961037.jpg

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Thanks dude! He is around 5 months old and I’m going out to buy something that checks the temperature tomorrow! Ideal temperature? View attachment 230757

I've never had a russian so I am not sure about ideal temps, but when they're that young you may want a little bit of humidity for smooth growth.

Hopefully some russian keepers can help you with the temp question and elaborate on whether or not I'm wrong for the humidity tip.