Cleaned my boxie's enclosure and now he won't eat...HELP!!

Shelldonsmommy

Location (City and/or State)
Dayton, Ohio
Hi everyone! I am worried about my 16 year old Eastern Boxie. Last Satuday, 1/31, I changed out Shelldon's bedding and cleaned his enclosure. I put the same kind of bedding back in and arranged his enclosure the same way it was before, but now he refuses to eat. He is acting normal just won't touch his worms, greens or fruit. HELP!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi everyone! I am worried about my 16 year old Eastern Boxie. Last Satuday, 1/31, I changed out Shelldon's bedding and cleaned his enclosure. I put the same kind of bedding back in and arranged his enclosure the same way it was before, but now he refuses to eat. He is acting normal just won't touch his worms, greens or fruit. HELP!!

Likely you have removed some critters in the soil....escaped worms and such into the substrate...along with his own mess within the substrate that made the space his....perhaps toss some of his old stinky stuff back in so he feels a bit more at home....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It may look the same to you, but prob. not to him. Some can be OCD about things like this. For now you have prob. got a stressed out turtle, it should return to normal soon. :)