enjoying bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I believe it is a sulcata, and it is very nice looking. How old is Honey Dew?

turtletortoisefarmer

5 Year Member
honey dew is almost two, and yes is a sulcata.i call her a she not sure on the sex yet.she is 9 in. and 6 plus lbs.

Emerald90

5 Year Member
got a question, why does the shell of some sulcatas look seriously dark, while others are pale to the extreme?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Emerald90 said:
got a question, why does the shell of some sulcatas look seriously dark, while others are pale to the extreme?

The sulcatas that have spent most of their lives in the house will look darker than the ones who live outside in the sun. Also, some members get the shells wet for picture taking to make the tortoise look prettier.

antoniocormier

5 Year Member
turtletortoisefarmer said:
honey dew is almost two, and yes is a sulcata.i call her a she not sure on the sex yet.she is 9 in. and 6 plus lbs.

It almost looks like a breed between a Sulcata and a Red foot its so cute :tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Emerald90 said:

Just like hair color in people, some are blonde and some are brunette. I have raised several groups together and some of them are just very dark while others are light even though they all get the same amount of sunshine. I like the blonde ones myself. One forum friend here likes the really dark, almost black ones. There is quite a lot of color variation within the species.

kjr153

5 Year Member
That's a Sulcata? I would have never guessed. My Sulcata is light, almost a golden color. Great looking shell though.

Status
Not open for further replies.