excited (getting a tort table)

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I would build it so it's closed and not opened. I built an awesome open topped table and it was honestly such hard work trying to maintain humidity, even for a Russian. Plus, all the heat escapes to easily, so it takes more power to maintain temps.

phebe121

Ya looks nice i was told i could.put plastic over the top like a green house

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Its amazing how fast they grow the table im making should.last a cuple years

Mine was for an adult Russian, kind of a quick put together because like most of us, I followed the pet store's advice and had him in a 40 gal long tank. Yuck. This one was an upgrade until I could get an even better one. He was there for a month or two. Now I have him in a 4x4 raised garden bed with a greenhouse like cover. :) That will be until summer comes and I'll be building a really big outdoor enclosure since I plan on breeding.

Keep us updated! What are the dimensions you are aiming for?

phebe121

It was going to be smaller but free wood is awesome and it will last longer

Prairie Mom

Sounds Great! I'm excited for you. Just be aware that plastic heats up really easily. When we first got our tortoise she was sadly in Tupperware that I duct taped together and even keeping the lights away from the plastic sides was a bit sketchy. I ended up covering the whole thing with aluminum until we got a better set up. Be sure to post photos and show off:) I'm sure you'll do great!

phebe121

Foil keeps watee away you tape ot together please tell me more