exciting new growth!

kimbverly

Location (City and/or State)
UT
hello! i have had my adorable tortoise hatchling for a little over a month now and he’s grown so much!! i’m very happy because this is the first reptile i’ve ever owned. so this post is just about his increase in growth🩷

i feed him once a day, typically after school so around 3:00 pm. i give him food a little bigger than his shell and he typically leaves leftovers that he eats the next morning while i’m away.he gets soaks almost daily too. i make sure humidity is always near 80%.

i am concerned about how i will provide weeds for him as winter approaches, i’ll probably make a different thread about that because i have lots of specific questions.

Attachments

• IMG_8815.jpeg
    IMG_8815.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9212.jpeg
    IMG_9212.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

kimbverly

UT
also i estimate he is around 3 months old, last time i weighed him he was 26 grams. do the growth lines look normal?

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
Hello!
Growth looks fine to me.
If you can give him food in the morning - it would be better so he could have plenty of fresh greens available through the day.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
So Cool to see an excited tort owner, congratulations! and Great Job!
Do not hesitate EVER to ask ANYTHING here, it's what all of us come here for everyday ... to help torts and learn more.
As @Alex and the Redfoot said it is a little bit better to feed in the morning and allow them the whole day to eat as they wish. Continue reading and learning to build your 'Tortoise Care Confidence'

kimbverly

UT
So Cool to see an excited tort owner, congratulations! and Great Job!
Do not hesitate EVER to ask ANYTHING here, it's what all of us come here for everyday ... to help torts and learn more.
As @Alex and the Redfoot said it is a little bit better to feed in the morning and allow them the whole day to eat as they wish. Continue reading and learning to build your 'Tortoise Care Confidence'
thank you i appreciate this!