Exoterra Tortoise Cave

Chenderson

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, Blackpool
Looks good, I have a similar one, however was designed for snakes, so the entrance is just about big enough for my tort now. However this may be a viable option in the future, if I cant just cut the hole bigger. Pic of your tort in it would be cool.

cuco de cuba

5 Year Member
As soon as i saw this post I ordered two from amazon. So far my torts love it. They are really large. Well At least big enough for my torts. I like that the bottoms are open so that it allows the torts to burrow down into the dirt. I keep forest moss in there. It get some moisture from the sprinklers. Enough to keep the humidity high and cool temps. In the caves

Attachments

• 1427164226582.jpg
    1427164226582.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 1427164241634.jpg
    1427164241634.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 63

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Looks good, I have a similar one, however was designed for snakes, so the entrance is just about big enough for my tort now. However this may be a viable option in the future, if I cant just cut the hole bigger. Pic of your tort in it would be cool.

I will get a picture of her in it for you.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
As soon as i saw this post I ordered two from amazon. So far my torts love it. They are really large. Well At least big enough for my torts. I like that the bottoms are open so that it allows the torts to burrow down into the dirt. I keep forest moss in there. It get some moisture from the sprinklers. Enough to keep the humidity high and cool temps. In the caves

Your ourdoor enclosure is beautiful! They really look great in your enclosure. I am going to have to get one for the outside enclosure. I like that its open on the bottom too.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Very nice. Let me know how they tolerate the weather. I would be interested to see how they look in six months. I definitely plan to get a couple for my indoor enclosure. We'll see about the outdoor one. But I really like the natural look. I try to keep my enclosures looking as natural as possible.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1427311530.132955.jpg Here is a picture of her in it for ya.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Very nice looking enclosure. Your baby Russian tortoise looks so familiar to me. LOL.

lol she is adorable. I can't help laughing at her when she eats.She does it so fast like she wants to make sure the food doesn't run away.

cuco de cuba

5 Year Member
Yea @TortsNTurtles thats a very useful feature. I see your little one love that as well as russians love to burrow. Thank for takin a likin to the outdoor enclosure sure put alot of work into it. Also your tort is beautiful.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
So I wanted to ask if anyone had any updates about their long term experiences with these tortoise caves!
How did they function as a humid hide?
Did the materials its made of hold up?

I was tempted to order Artemis one since the opening seemed like it was pretty big.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Ok....so I weakened and ordered myself one of these things. But it showed up with giant cracks all over it! Its in one piece. Barely. But I'm going to have to return it.... Little sharp pieces broke off in my fingertips as i inspected the intererior where the most damage was. Really dissapointed. Totally bad *** to look at. Artemis probably would have loved it since its freaking huge!

Yeah, the package it came in looked like the delivery man dumped a drink on it , then threw it on the ground a few times. Bummer...

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
We got that too!! It was 30bucks from the reptile expo...