extra scutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chu-Chu

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi tortoise experts,

could someone send me a photo how extra scutes on baby tortoises look like, particularly leopards? What caused them? How will they effect tortoises? Thanks!

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jersey C.I.
Chu-Chu said:
Hi tortoise experts,

could someone send me a photo how extra scutes on baby tortoises look like, particularly leopards? What caused them? How will they effect tortoises? Thanks!
hi im sorry about the poor picture if you like i will sort a better one tomorrow but this is all i have for now.i had a problem with incubation partly my own fault this winter and out of only 4 hatchlings i lost 2 on hatching these had multiple scutes and were obviously affected by the high temperature,out of the final 2 one had the last coastal scutes at the back on either side divided in two.the final hatchling is perfect.
terry
tggSmall.jpg

Chu-Chu

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
terrypin said:
Chu-Chu said:
Hi tortoise experts,

hi im sorry about the poor picture if you like i will sort a better one tomorrow but this is all i have for now.i had a problem with incubation partly my own fault this winter and out of only 4 hatchlings i lost 2 on hatching these had multiple scutes and were obviously affected by the high temperature,out of the final 2 one had the last coastal scutes at the back on either side divided in two.the final hatchling is perfect.
terry
tggSmall.jpg

Thanks, Terry. I guess I am new to this that's why I don't even notice them.

CC

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jersey C.I.
Thanks, Terry. I guess I am new to this that's why I don't even notice them.

CC
i hope you can see the difference between these 2 the one on the left has the extra or rather split rear coastal scutes.
terry
grvidleopard004Small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.